Feb 28, 2010

Duralee,I'm Enthralled by Thee

It seems that everything made by Duralee is beautiful. Their fabrics are that perfect synthesis of french tradition, modern cleanliness and simple beauty. I am almost certain that that sentence makes no sense, so you must see for yourself.


↑  I love this print. I would use it on decorative pillows thrown about on a buff/cream colored sofa
 
↑  This print seems suited to a lonely chaise lounge

 
↑  Soft blues  in flower designs will always remind me of cozy summer cottages and elegantly scruffy oak furniture

 
↑  This fabric is clean and the simplicity of it makes me think of  the bathroom at a beach cottage

  
↑  I would use this fabric in the kitchen, either for a table cloth or for curtains

 

↑  I imagine an airy apartment in the South of France, only moments from the beach, with this fabric sprawled on an oversized divan 

 
↑ This would look beautiful adorning a loveseat in a corner of a bedroom, accepting only tea-sipping and romance novel-reading patrons

 
↑ Blue + gold = regal beauty. I 'm imagining this fabric on an overstuffed ottoman in a gentleman's dressing room

 
↑ Light and geometrically playful, and could be used to transitions a little girl's  room from the all-pink décor that dominates the preteen years

 
↑ I love toile. I especially like this color combination because it is atypical of the oft-seen blue/white or red/white color combinations. I might use this fabric on decorative pilllos to add detail to a single-color sofa or to upholster a single armchair in a room with single-color pieces

 
↑ One tires less of textures than of prints, and this fabric beckons one closer  so as to determine whether the fabric is embossed or simply printed


Duralee also makes furniture and a lot more beautiful things. I thought I might suffer from an overload so I focused on thheir beautiful fabric for today :)


QEDMWJ4WK7GG

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails