Nov 19, 2009

Calm

I love my room. My bed is the focal point of my room and getting in it always makes me feel calm and cozy. It was a rainy day and its an unexpectedly cold tonight after all the humidity has worn off. So I'm thinking about doing my reading in bed instead of here at the desk.

These rooms are calm and inviting and are a welcome haven on any cold night.

 A large bed like this one not only anchors a room, it makes one feel little in it. Whether you are engulfed by a fluffy down comforter or enveloped in high thread count silk sheets, that's not such a bad feeling. The upholstered bed softens any sharp edges that might have been. Soft yellow and beige suit any season of the year and with the addition of table lamps, add a soft and sunny warmth to the room.



A canopy on this bold wooden bed creates an envelope of sweeping cotton that just calls for bedtime


Calm and inviting does not have to mean neutral. Just look at the raw silk embroidered on this headboard and the rich tones shining through the bedding



Sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails